Rome is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, and with good reason. If you’re considering a trip to Rome, Italy, there’s a lot to think about – from the food and wine to the art and history. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with everything you need to know about traveling to Rome.
Top priority: when to go? The weather in Rome is fairly mild year-round, but the best time to visit is probably spring or fall. April and May are lovely, with temperatures in the mid-20s Celsius (high 60s Fahrenheit), but you’ll want to avoid the city in August when it’s hot and crowded. September and October are also great months to visit Rome.
First, do some research before you go. There’s so much to see and do in Rome that it’s impossible to do it all in one trip. By learning about what interests you ahead of time, you can make sure to hit all the highlights that are most important to you and know the best date to do it.
Second, take advantage of Rome’s excellent public transportation system. With a little help, you can easily get around the city without having to worry about where to rent a car or deal with traffic.
Finally, don’t forget to enjoy the food! Be sure to try as many different dishes as you can, and wash them down with some delicious Italian wine.
By following these tips, you’re sure to have an amazing time on your trip to Rome. Buon Viaggio!
Traveling to a new city can be overwhelming, especially if it’s your first time.
Without some help, you might not know where to start or what to do when you get there. You could end up wasting a lot of time and money on tourist traps.
AssistAnt is a global concierge service that can take care of everything for you—from planning your trip to arranging airport pickups and helping with translations. With our help, you’ll make the most out of your time in Rome and see all the sights this beautiful city has to offer.
Rome is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe, and for good reason. The city is brimming with historical sites, world-renowned museums, and delicious food. With so much to see and do, it can be hard to know where to start.
Here are a few tips on how to make the most out of your trip to Rome Italy:
1. Start at the Colosseum. This ancient amphitheater is one of Rome’s most iconic landmarks and should not be missed. You can explore the inside of the Colosseum on a guided tour or simply admire it from the outside.
2. Make your way to the Vatican. This independent city-state is home to some of the world’s most famous art and architecture, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. While in the Vatican, be sure to visit the Vatican Museums to see one of the largest art collections in the world.
3. Stroll through Rome’s beautiful parks and gardens. The Villa Borghese is one of the largest public parks in Rome and is a great place to relax or take a scenic walk. The park also houses several museums, including the Galleria Borghese, which features a collection of Renaissance and Baroque art.
4. Take a food tour. Rome is known for its delicious cuisine, so be sure to try some traditional dishes while you’re in town. On a food tour, you’ll have the chance to sample a variety of dishes and learn about the city’s culinary history.
When it comes to food, Rome is definitely not short on options. In fact, the city is home to some of the best cuisine in the world.
Be sure to try as many different dishes as you can while you’re in town, and wash them down with some delicious Italian wine.
Here are a few of our favorite dishes to try in Rome:
1. Pizza: No trip to Italy would be complete without pizza. This classic Italian dish is a must-try while in Rome. There are endless variations of pizza, so be sure to try several different kinds while you’re in town.
If you’re looking for a delicious and authentic pizza experience while in Rome, be sure to visit one of the city’s many pizzerias. There’s no shortage of options, but here are a few of our favorite spots:
a. Pizzeria Da Baffetto: This pizzeria is a local favorite and is known for its crispy and thin-crust pizza.
b. Forno Campo de’ Fiori: This pizzeria is located in the heart of Rome and is famous for its wood-fired pizza.
c. Pizzeria San Crispino: This pizzeria is known for its unique and innovative pizza flavors, such as smoked salmon and black truffle.
d. La Renella: This pizzeria is one of the most popular in Rome and offers both classic and gourmet pizzas.
No matter where you go, you’re sure to find a delicious pizza that will satisfy your cravings. Be sure to try out some of the unique flavors that Rome has to offer!
2. Pasta: Another Italian staple, pasta is a must-eat while you’re in Rome. Whether you prefer it with red sauce or white sauce, there’s a dish for everyone.
If you’re looking for a delicious pasta dish while in Rome, be sure to check out one of these restaurants:
a. Da Enzo al 29: This trattoria is located in the Trastevere neighborhood and is known for its traditional Roman cuisine.
b. La Tavernaccia: This trattoria is located in the Monti neighborhood and offers a variety of traditional pasta dishes.
c. Sora Lella: This trattoria is one of Rome’s most popular and is known for its seafood pasta dishes.
d. Antica Trattoria da Carlone: This trattoria is located in the Testaccio neighborhood and is known for its homemade pasta.
These restaurants serve up traditional Italian cuisine that will leave your taste buds satisfied and happy. Each has its own unique style and flavor, so be sure to try out all three during your trip!
3. Gelato: Italy is known for its delicious gelato, and Rome is no exception. Be sure to indulge in a few scoops while you’re in town.
Rome is a city that is known for its delicious food. One of the things that people often enjoy when traveling to Rome is gelato. There are many different places to get gelato in Rome, and each one has its own unique flavor. Some of the most popular flavors include pistachio, hazelnut, and chocolate.
Some of the best places to get gelato in Rome include Cioccolati Italiani, San Crispino, and Giolitti. Cioccolati Italiani is a small gelato shop that is known for its delicious chocolate gelato.
San Crispino is a popular spot for tourists and locals alike, and it’s known for its unique flavor combinations. Giolitti is one of the most famous gelato shops in Rome, and it’s been around since 1900.
If you’re looking for a delicious and refreshing treat while in Rome, be sure to try some of the city’s famous gelato!
4. Wine: Italy is also famous for its wine, and Rome has some of the best wines in the country. Be sure to sample a few different types while you’re here.
5. Shop till you drop. Rome is a shopper’s paradise, with plenty of high-end designer stores as well as more affordable options. The streets around the Spanish Steps are especially good for finding stylish clothes and accessories.
6. most popular tourist attractions. The Roman Forum is home to several temples and monuments, making it a great place to explore Rome’s rich history.
7. Climb to the top of St. Peter’s Basilica. For sweeping views of Rome, head to the top of St. Peter’s Basilica. This massive church is one of the tallest buildings in Rome and offers breathtaking views from its rooftop terrace.
8. Visit the Trevi Fountain. This iconic fountain is one of Rome’s most popular tourist attractions and makes for a great photo opportunity. Make sure to throw a coin into the fountain – legend has it that it will ensure you return to Rome someday.
9. Admire the view from the Pincio Promenade. For sweeping views of Rome, head to the Pincio Promenade. This elevated walkway provides panoramic views of some of the city’s most popular sights, including the Colosseum, Vatican City, and St. Peter’s Basilica.
10. Take a day trip to Pompeii. This ancient city was destroyed by a volcanic eruption in 79 AD but has since been partially excavated, making for an interesting day trip from Rome. You can explore the ruins of Pompeii and get a glimpse into what life was like in this once-thriving city.
Following these tips will help you make the most out of your trip to Rome Italy and ensure that you have a memorable and enjoyable experience.
We also offer The Best Choice for Limousines and Chauffeur Services in Rome, Italy
Our team of professional chauffeurs is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet your transportation needs in Rome.
We offer a variety of vehicles to choose from, including sedans, SUVs, vans, and more.
We can customize a transportation package to fit your specific needs and budget.
We have been in the luxury travel industry for over a decade and understand the needs of our customers.
Our customers are our number one focus and we make traveling at home and abroad as stress-free as possible. We know your time is valuable and we make sure that your individualized needs are taken care of ahead of time.
Did you know?
Italy is a European country whose long Mediterranean coastline has had a significant impact on Western culture and cuisine.
Other notable locations include the ancient city of Pompeii, located in the Bay of Naples; and the stunning Amalfi Coast.
Rome, home to the Vatican as well as world-famous art and ruins, is its capital. Florence, with such masterpieces as Michelangelo’s “David” and Brunelleschi’s Duomo, is another notable town. Milan, Italy’s fashion capital, is also there.
Do you want to make the most out of your trip to Rome, Italy?
Of course! Who doesn’t? But between booking flights and hotels, making dinner reservations, and trying to figure out how to get around a foreign city, it can be tough to know where to start. That’s where we come in.
We’re Assistant Global Concierge and we’re here to take all the hassle out of your vacation. We’ll book your flights and hotels for you, help you make dinner reservations at some of the best restaurants in town, and show you all the sights that Rome has to offer.
Plus, we can arrange for a personal driver who will take you wherever you want to go – no need for expensive taxis or public transportation. All you have to do is sit back and relax – let us take care of everything else.