Planning a vacation can be overwhelming. There are so many decisions to make and often too few resources available to make them from. That’s why we’ve created this guide for Cancun luxury travel in 2022.
In this article, you’ll find the top ten things to do while visiting as well as some budgeting tips for those on a tighter budget! We hope that our information will help you plan your next trip with ease and excitement!
Important Things You Should Know About Luxury Travel to Cancun
Cancun is packed with luxury resorts and hotels, but just because a place has a fancy name doesn’t mean it’s the best value. The average price for a room at a luxury hotel in Cancun is just under $500 per night.
Thirteen of those rooms will cost you nearly $7000 for four nights! Many of these hotels offer a variety of discounts and packages, so be sure to check them out before you book. Here are some additional costs that you should plan for when traveling:
- Excursions – Cancun is surrounded by beautiful beaches, world-class diving sites, and more! Make sure you do your research ahead of time as prices vary and don’t forget to ask about discounts and/or coupons!
- Food and drinks – This is another area where hotels will often try to upsell guests. Don’t be afraid to get out of your hotel and explore options outside of the resort. You’ll probably get a better deal and a more authentic experience anyways! As for what you should expect to buy, meals at local restaurants will run you $20-30 per person. Drinks are typical $4-5 each.
- Travel to/from the airport – If you’re not renting a car for your stay, getting back and forth to your hotel can be expensive. Transportation runs about $70 round trip if you choose the convenience of a taxi. Otherwise, you can take the public bus for $2-3 per person, but keep in mind that you’ll have to use taxis or other services to get around Cancun once there.
The Top Ten Things To Do In Cancun
There are so many amazing things about Cancun, it’s hard to narrow it down to just ten. However, if you’re limited on time or budget then these are the best things to do that you should experience during your luxury travel to Cancun!
- Chichen Itza – This UNESCO World Heritage site is one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World and well worth the 4.5-hour drive from Cancun. It is the largest pyramid structure in the Yucatan Peninsula and offers stunning views of Mexico’s Caribbean coast! You can catch a day trip to Chichen Itza for $100 – there are also all-inclusive options that include meals and transportation for $200+.
- Zip Lining – Head to Xplor Park for an unforgettable zip-lining experience. You’ll get to fly through the jungle on nine separate courses that are nearly 5 miles long! You can also choose to swim with alligators or ride an amphibious vehicle through the jungle.
- Spas – There’s no better way to say you’re on vacation than getting a massage after your beach lounging session. There are tons of great spas in Cancun where you can treat yourself to one while sipping on a tropical cocktail. Be sure to read reviews before choosing just because it’s trendy doesn’t mean it’s good!
- Beaches – We know that everybody feels differently about which beach is their favorite, but try visiting each of the three most popular beaches at least once during your Cancun luxury travel in 2022! You can find more recommendations on which beaches to visit depending on the type of resort you choose.
- Cenotes – This one’s a must-see and there’s absolutely no way you shouldn’t include this in your list of things to do. Cenotes are natural sinkholes that become pools in the Yucatan peninsula and there are more than 5000 of them in this area! You can snorkel, scuba dive, and even take a selfie with a stingray.
- Mayan Ruins – Explore what’s left of one of the most fascinating ancient civilizations when you visit Tulum or Coba during your luxury travel in 2022. You can tour both sites for about $80 and there are even all-inclusive options if you don’t want to worry about lunch or the trip back to your hotel.
- Tours – If you’re looking for a more exclusive experience, book a private tour with one of these companies during your luxury travel in 2022. Guides can take you through Chichen Itza, the Cenotes, and even deep into the jungle to see ancient temples.
- Nightlife – Cancun has no shortage of nightlife. Whether you like dancing, pool parties, or bars there’s a club for everyone. You can even have your private party for a few hundred guests in one of the event spaces.
- Azul Fives – If you’d rather stay in your hotel and be pampered, Azul Fives is one of Cancun’s best luxury hotels. Pools are filled with saltwater, marble bathrooms have rain showers, and the beachfront suites have a private pool and Jacuzzi.
- Marriott Casa Magna – Another great luxury hotel is the Marriott Casa Magna. The building was designed by world-famous architect Carlos Lazo and you’ll find amazing views from your balcony of either the city or the Caribbean Sea! No matter which room you choose, you’ll have access to all the amenities that are part of your resort package.
Stay local, one great way to experience Cancun’s culture is by staying at a local bed and breakfast. You’ll have an opportunity to learn more about Mexican life from the locals, who are known for being some of the world’s most hospitable people! The B&B we recommend is called Casa de Tita and it has more than six different rooms to choose from.
Cancun Airport Vip Service
Cancun Airport Transfers including meet and greet with a sign, fast track through customs, lounge area w/ continental breakfast, complimentary beer & water, free wifi. We will help you arrange your transportation from the airport to your hotel, any additional stops along the way, and provide assistance with general information about Cancun.
As of now, most travelers are arriving via plane. The closest airport is right outside of Cancun so it’s quick and easy to get there once you land! and we also provide VIP transportation!
Cancun Airport Fast Track Pass
After a long flight, it’s time to explore! Don’t waste your day waiting for the next bus. Passes include fast track through customs and immigration plus admission to Continental Airlines’ Priority Pass lounge.
You’ll have access to free drinks and continental breakfast until your departure time so you won’t feel rushed or hungry during your first day of luxury travel in 2022! Prices vary depending on the time of year and can be purchased online, at the airport, or through our concierge service.
Cancun Airport Lounge
Don’t wait for your flight to go hungry or thirsty! Passes include one free beer, water, juice, or soft drink. You’ll also have access to luxury waiting areas with reclining seats and complimentary wifi. Prices vary depending on the time of year and can be purchased online, at the airport, or through our concierge service.
Cancun Vip Transportation & Limo Service
Cancun Private Transfers from Cancun Airport, Riviera Maya. Transportation between cities and tours by private van or bus up to 56 passengers, transportation for cruise ships terminal with meet and greet service. We will help you arrange your transportation from the airport to your hotel, any additional stops along the way, and provide assistance with general information about Cancun. Additionally, we offer the most reliable taxi cab service in Cancun.
Cancun Luxury Hotels & Resorts
Cancun is home to so many different types of luxury resorts that it would be hard to list them all! For example, if you’re looking for something more casual and affordable, try Tropical Oasis.
It’s a 2.5-star Hotel pr 4-star condo that is right near the water and has free wifi! Or if you have a big group to accommodate you can book The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort & Spa for about $10,000 per night!
Cancun Luxury Car Services
Cancun is the perfect place to drive around in a luxury car. There are almost no speed limits, roads are straight and level, and you’ll find friendly locals willing to help you find your way! Our recommended vendor is Sunset Limo Rentals because they have more than 200 different cars to choose from!
AssistAnt Rentals is your number one source for Cancun luxury car rentals. They have more than 200 vehicles to choose from, including buses and limousines! For about $250 an hour, you can rent a Lamborghini Huracan, Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR, or Porsche 911 Carrera 4S.
Cancun Privat Jet Charter Flights
For those of you looking for a more personal vacation, one way to travel is on your private jet! Cancun is home to both large and small airports so chartering a flight is easy. We have some great vendors that will set up your flights ahead of time and ensure that your passport information is current. Some we recommend are Air Charter Advisors and Aeroshares Charter.
Cancun Helicopters Tours
If you want to get a great aerial view of Cancun, helicopters are the way to go! We’ve found some great tour packages that come with transportation either in or out of town. There are also multiple different tours available depending on what you’re looking for!
For example, one option is around $350 where you’ll be picked up in a private vehicle and taken on a tour of Cancun with stops at Chichen Itza and the Sacred Cenote.
Cancun Luxury Tours
For those of you looking for something educational about the history and culture of Mexico, we’ve found some great tours that’ll take you all around the Yucatan Peninsula!
One option is a tour of Chichen Itza which includes transportation and an expert guide, as well as access to the cenote for swimming! Another option is a combination Yucatan Peninsula Tour from Cancun that includes Tulum Mayan Ruins, Crystal Lagoon, and The Great Pyramid of Coba.
Cancun Luxury Yachts
For those of you looking for a truly unique experience, why not cruise around on your yacht! There are so many different types of vessels to choose from and the best part is that it has been designed specifically for luxury travel.
For example, one option is renting a 47′ Mangusta Ocean Racer Yacht that sleeps up to six people and has a full galley and bathroom. For about $2400 per day, you can enjoy the quiet and seclusion of your yacht!
Vip Transportation Cancun
VIP Transportation is your number one source for luxury transportation in Cancun. They offer an extensive fleet of limousines and party buses, as well as a wide variety of cars and vans to choose from! Rates start at USD 100 an hour and their drivers will make sure you get to where you need to go safely and on time.
Luxury Things to Do in Cancun in 2022
There are so many great things to do in Cancun that it would be hard to list them all! For example, you can swim with dolphins at Dolphinaris for about $259 per person. Or if you’d prefer a more adventurous experience try ziplining through the jungle with SkyTram! There are even places where you can go to relax and enjoy the scenic beauty of Mexico, such as flower island where you can take a boat ride and then hang out on the beach with a drink in your hand!
Cancun has so much to offer its visitors that we would recommend visiting soon before it becomes too overcrowded. Be sure to come early and leave late for the most time to experience everything! Also, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at AssistAnt.com.
Thank you for your time and we hope this guide helps in your search for luxury travel in 2022!
-AssistAnt Global Travel Concierge Team
Did you know that Cancun has daily direct flights to Houston, Texas, which makes it easy for travelers coming from the US? You can also fly non-stop to many European cities! This means that with just one stop you could be in Cancun without having to backtrack!
See What Our Clients Say About Cancun Luxury Travel
“I booked Airport Fast Track pass with AssisAnt for Cancun airport. I recommend it to everyone who is not fluent in Spanish. The representative was waiting with a big sign at the exit of the gate and she took care of every aspect of my trip.” – Catarina V., Sweden
“We wanted to thank you for being so kind to us on our Cancun trip. We got an upgraded pass at the club and we had an amazing experience. As a thank you, I would like to take you out for a dinner :)” – Ben L., UK
“We used AssistAnt for our transfers from Cancun airport to our hotel as well as from our hotel to the cruise port. The driver was very nice and helpful!” – Peter R., Germany
“Our Cancun stay was truly amazing and we have you to thank for it. I will use AssistAnt next time I have a luxury trip!” –Jonathan M., Greece
For assistance send us an email at: [email protected] or contact our 24/7 customer support center by phone: UK +44 (020) 3769 0425 , France +33 9 75 18 03 51 , Russia +7.499.918.32.07, USA +1 (917) 284-9017 or Israel +972-74-703-0889
Our Unique Travel Services: Airport Transfer, Concierge Services, Car Rental, Private Tours, Meet & Greet Services
AssistAnt Global Travel Concierge is an AssistAnt company that provides an elite level of concierge services at your fingertips. An elite travel agency for elites! Just share your destination and our custom-made VIP service will be ready to help you organize a trip of a lifetime!
A state-of-the-art online travel agency, Visit the world’s most luxurious destinations, including Cancun, and enjoy a stay in plush hotels, stunning villas, and private yachts. Book an unforgettable holiday with AssistAnt.com now!
Vip Transportation Cancun is your number one source for luxury ground transportation in Cancun, Mexico. They offer the highest level of service for all your ground transport needs to and from Cancun Airport as well as hourly chauffeur services.
Cancun Luxury Travel Guide FAQ
#1 What is the best time to visit Cancun?
Anytime! However, we recommend visiting during December-May when it’s less humid and more tourists.
#2 How much does Cancun Luxury Travel cost?
It depends on how luxurious you want your vacation to be…the prices range from $1,000 up to the hundreds of thousands! It just depends on what you’re looking for and how luxurious of a trip you want to go on.
#3 What new developments are expected in Cancun over the next few years?
Cancun is expecting a lot of new developments starting next year! These include an expansion into cruise tourism, museums, more hotels, museums, malls, international airport expansions, highways, and more!
#4 What is the best way to get around Cancun?
Although there are public taxis, it’s recommended that you travel by car or private taxi service. The reason for this is that they are quite affordable and go most places throughout the city. Plus if you’re headed somewhere very far out, like Xcaret or Xel-Ha it is often more worth it to pay for a private taxi service.
#5 Where can I find information on Cancun’s top attractions?
There are many places of interest in Cancun, but the most popular include Mayan ruins, temples, museums, beaches like Playa del Carmen and Tulum, shopping, and beautiful architecture.
#6 What is there to do in Cancun besides sunbathing?
Cancun offers lots of things to do! As mentioned before there are many Mayan temples, museums, beaches, aqua parks like Xcaret and Xel-Ha, some of the best Mexican restaurants, nightlife, and plenty of beautiful landscapes to explore.
#7 What is the best hotel in Cancun?
Out of all our luxury hotels, The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit is one of the bests! The service was impeccable, it had full amenities and delicious food. We would recommend staying here for anyone who is looking to stay at one of the best hotels in Cancun.
#8 Where do most people shop in Cancun?
There are plenty of shopping areas, but the biggest and most popular include Plaza las Americas, La Isla Shopping Mall, Acapulco Avenue, Downtown, Hotel Zone, and more! Make sure to stop by Beneton for some awesome deals.
#9 Are there any casinos in Cancun?
Yes, there are many casinos in Cancun! The biggest one is Mayan Palace which is near the hotel zone on Blvd Kukulkan. There are several more scattered throughout the city as well.
#10 What can I expect from nightlife in Cancun?
There is always something going on at all hours of the day and night. The best places to a party include La Boom, Hyb, Kukulcan club, and more!
#11 What should I pack for a trip to Cancun?
Don’t forget your sunscreen, comfy clothes, and comfortable shoes! Other than that we recommend bringing some nice clothes for going out and having fun as well as some casual wear.
#12 What is the best way to travel within Cancun?
The best way to get around would be with a car or private taxi service. Public transportation can be unreliable at times so we would recommend having your car or taking a taxi to and from the airport.
#13 How can I get in touch with you?
Have more questions about Cancun luxury travel? Give us a call at any of the numbers listed here: AssistAnt Global Travel Concierge UK +44 (020) 3769 0425 France +33 9 75 18 03 51 Russia +7.499.918.32.07 USA +1 (917) 284-9017 Israel +972-74-703-0889
#14 Are there any famous people from Cancun?
Yes, some of the most famous people to come out of Cancun include Salma Hayek, Eva Mendes, Adam Sandler, and more! There was even a contest here called “Bailando por un sueño” where people would dance for their dreams!
If you’re looking for a luxury vacation destination that offers something new and exciting every year, Cancun is the place to go!
From its booming tourism industry, amazing restaurants, and stunning architecture to its gorgeous beaches and Mayan ruins- there’s so much more than just sunshine waiting for you in this city. We hope our guide has helped give you an idea of what can be expected from this beautiful Mexican city in 2022!
Let us know if we’ve missed anything by leaving a comment below or getting in touch with one of our travel concierge experts at AssistAnt Global Travel Concierge.